Website Health Care Specialists of America
Specialists in the permanent placement of physicians nationwide
The opportunity: Trauma and Acute Care Surgeon
Permanent / full time / employed
Location: Altoona, PA
Ready for a change? We have an exciting opportunity available for a BC/BE Trauma Surgeon to join our practice in Central Pennsylvania. This experienced team is focused on providing the highest level of quality patient care and has a great reputation. The practice is very stable, fully established and currently consists of 4 Surgeons and 6 PAs (adding 2 more surgeons). The team is very friendly and team oriented and there is plenty of room for professional growth and advancement. The group has hospital and academic affiliations, as well.
- $425-$475K (DOE)
- Comprehensive benefits package including paid malpractice insurance
- Large sign on bonus
- Relocation assistance is available
- Loan repayment assistance
- Great mentoring environment
- Annual trauma volume: 1800 + patients
- Approximately 95% of trauma is blunt
- 65% trauma / 35% non-trauma
- Four weeks on (12 hour shifts) and 2 weeks off – working 3 weekends out of every 6.
- All physicians must be Board Certified or Board Eligible (if within 5 years of residency/fellowship)
- Unrestricted Pennsylvania medical license (or eligible)
- Physicians right out of fellowship are welcome!
- General Surgery residency AND Surgical Critical Care, Acute Care Surgery or Trauma Critical Care fellowship training is required
This region has a safe, family-oriented community with excellent school systems, abundant cultural amenities, easy access to larger, neighboring cities and unlimited outdoor and recreational opportunities are available.
Cultural activities include the Altoona Symphony Orchestra, Historic Mishler Theater, Allegheny Highlands Regional Theater, Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art, Allegheny Ballet Company, Penn State Artist Series and Eisenhower Auditorium for Broadway tours.
Additional area attractions include:
Blue Knob All Seasons Resort, Bryce Jordan Center (sporting events), Delgrosso’s Amusement Park, Discovery Garden, Fort Roberdeau, Indian Caverns, Iron Masters Country Club, Scotch Valley Country Club, Park Hills Country Club, Juniata River Water Trail, Lakemont Park, Lincoln Caverns Inc. and Whisper Rocks, Meadows Family Fun Center, Morrison’s Cove Memorial Park, Oak Spring Winery, Penn’s Cave and Wildlife Park, People’s Natural Gas Field, Rock Run Recreational Area, Seven Points Marina, Shaver’s Creek Environmental Center and Slinky Action Zone
For more information, please email your CV to: [email protected] ~ Your CV will be held with the strictest levels of confidentiality!
$5,000 REFERRAL FEE offered! Please share with friends and colleagues!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com